Thank you for your interest. Applications for this post have now closed.
filmpro is recruiting a project manager to work with us on ‘filmpro with ten’, a new research and training project funded by the Disability Justice Fund (Trust for London). The project will explore the relationship between art and social change and will equip disabled campaigners with creative and organisational skills for movement building. The project will be based in South London with a focus on the borough of Lambeth.
For more information, please download our recruitment pack here.
filmpro is an organisation of digital artists led by Disabled people. We strive for a creative world that champions diversity, inclusivity, and innovation. Our mission is to support the creation of digital artistic experiences and opportunities that everyone can be part of.
Your role would be to:
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Collaborate with the Artistic Director to recruit a freelance researcher, project participants, and freelance workshop leads
- Collaborate with the Artistic Director and researcher on programme design
- Collaborate with the Artistic Director to produce a training manual
- Collaborate with the Artistic Director to ensure all relevant access needs are met to the greatest extent possible at every stage of the project
- Project manage a 12-week training programme
- Project manage a one-off public event
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to the Artistic Director
- Manage relationships and expectations with participants, workshop leads, and access providers
- Identify and manage risks to ensure delivery is on time
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Evaluate project performance and identify key learnings
Fixed-term contract (11 months, with potential for extension)
14 hours per week
Hybrid – remote work and Stockwell-based studio, South London
Please download the Recruitment Pack here
Please review the full Recruitment Pack. Then send your C.V. with a cover letter (no more than 1-page A4) describing:
- why you would like to work with filmpro
- how your experience and skills qualify you for this position
Applications can be made via text, audio or video – please use whichever method you prefer.
Please also send a completed Equality and Diversity Monitoring form, which you can find here.
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Monday 18th September 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online or face-to-face interview on the 5th of October. Due to our current workload we will only be able to offer feedback to shortlisted candidates. We will aim to notify the shortlisted candidates of the outcome as soon as possible.
filmpro is an organisation led by disabled people and it is important to us that lived experience remains at the heart of our team. We are committed to the social model of disability, which argues that oppression, exclusion, and discrimination are not the natural consequence of impairments, but result from how society is run and organised. This role is only open to disabled candidates, in line with UK positive discrimination law. We further strongly encourage applications from all people whose backgrounds, lived experience and skills are under-represented in the sector.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any access requirements related to the application process or post, or with any other questions.